New York Women in Communications (NYWICI), a professional organization for women in the communications industry, announces its new board of directors for the 2017-2018 year. Meredith Long, senior vice president/GM, news & luxury, Time Inc. will serve as president. Long succeeds Jacki Kelley, chief operating officer of Bloomberg Media, Bloomberg LP.
NYWICI has more than 2,000 members, comprised of women at every stage of their career—from students to CEOs—and spans all disciplines of the communications field. The mission of NYWICI is to empower women of all ages and stages of their career to reach their full potential by offering professional education, engaging panel discussions, networking opportunities and mentoring.
Long is responsible for developing the growth strategy for Time Inc. brands including TIME, Fortune, Money, InStyle, Food & Wine, Travel + Leisure and Departures. Long was previously group publisher of TIME, Fortune and Money and before that publisher of TIME from 2015 to 2016.
“I look forward to working with this incredible organization of women who continually inspire and raise the bar in our industry,” said Long. “NYWICI represents the multifaceted world of communications and we will provide members with important and relevant programming for every stage of their career, to navigate and succeed in this industry.”
At NYWICI’s Annual Meeting held on May 24th, to introduce the new board, Long touched on the importance of credibility, “Our mission, and what we can accomplish together, is more important now than ever. In an era of fake news—candor and credibility in communications are hard to find. What we do is valuable and important. Genuine and trusted sources of information are harder and harder to find. And when you find it, it should command a premium. Let’s rededicate ourselves to being honest brokers and credible sources no matter the role we play. And we should bring to everything we do a spirit of camaraderie, partnership and community. Lifting each other up will make us—and this organization—stronger.”
The 2017-2018 New York Women in Communications board of directors include:
- President,Meredith Long, Senior Vice President/GM | News & Luxury, Time Inc.
- Immediate Past President,Jacki Kelley, Chief Operating Officer, Bloomberg Media, Bloomberg LP
- President-Elect, Judith Harrison, Senior Vice President, Diversity & Inclusion, Weber Shandwick
- Treasurer,Audrey Pass, Chief Marketing Officer, Empire State Realty Trust, Inc.
- Assistant Treasurer, Kristen Comings, Vice President, Integrated Consumer Communications, L’Oreal Paris
- Chief Communications Officer, Rachel Bowie, Editor, PureWow
- VP, Communications, Georgia Galanoudis, Senior Vice President, Managing Director, Pace Communications
- Chief Membership Officer, Gail Griffin, Digital General Manager & VP, Barron’s, Dow Jones & Company
- VP, Membership, Saundra Thomas, Vice President, Community Affairs, WABC-TV
- VP, Corporate Membership, Elizabeth Kressel, Managing Director, Lizard Media
- VP, Corporate Membership, Susan Schulz, Marketing Director, New York Academy of Sciences
- VP, High School Programming, Stephanie Guzman
- VP, High School Programming, Lori Greene, Founder, LPG Enterprises
- VP, Professional Programming, Jennifer Owens, Editor, Spring. St
- VP, Professional Programming, Robyn Hatcher, Founder, SpeakEtc
- VP, Scholarships & Grants,Janet W. Dugo, President, Warren Dugo Media Inc.
- VP, Scholarships & Grants,Brittany Hennessy, Director, Influencer Talent, Hearst Digital Media
- VP, Sponsorship, Piper Goodspeed, Executive Director, Brand Partnerships, WIRED Media Group
- VP, Sponsorship, Laura Sequenzia, VP Revenue, Conde Nast
- VP, Strategic Planning,Lynn Lewis, President, East Coast Region/Global CMO, UM Worldwide
- VP, Strategic Planning, Linda Descano, Executive Vice President, Havas PR
- VP, Student Affairs, Danielle Dardashti, Founder / Principal Advisor, dash.
- VP, Student Affairs, Hilarey Wojtowicz, Editor, Doorsteps.com
- VP, Young Professional Programming, Megan Hess, Mobile and Emerging Platforms Editor, Bloomberg LP