Outsourced content marketing firm Tempesta Media has announced the appointment of a group of respected business and technology leaders to its advisory board. “Adding such luminaries to our team further validates our vision for the industry and our approach to addressing the everyday pain points that digital agencies and public relations firms face,” said Michael Marchese, the company’s founder and CEO.
Based in Chicago, Tempesta Media provides a private label content marketing platform for digital agencies, website developers and PR firms. The solution gives digital agencies instant content marketing capabilities for use by their clients.
The advisory board members announced today are:
- Ed Tyler—An experienced executive and an investor in Tempesta Media, Tyler brings a long track record in leadership and entrepreneurial positions to his role. He is CEO of Ideapoint Ventures, an early stage venture fund that focuses on nanotechnologies. Previously he served as president and CEO of Moore Corporation Limited, a provider of data capture, information design, marketing services, digital communications and print solutions. Tyler is a director of Nanophase Technologies Corporation, former chairman of the American Red Cross (Mid-America Chapter) and campaign chairman of the United Way of Lake County. He serves as a director for several small private companies and is a member of the board of directors of Lake Forest Graduate School of Management, where he is also an adjunct faculty member.
- Jason Wadler—Wadler, executive vice president and chief strategy officer for Leapfrog Online, worked with the company’s co-founders to build Leapfrog Online from a startup into one of the largest digital marketing companies in the country. Wadler has more than 20 years of strategy and marketing expertise, having held senior-level roles at the Townsend Agency, MediaOne, Ameritech and Discover Financial Services in addition to his role at Leapfrog. He is an active adviser and board member for a number of Chicago-based digital companies and serves on the board of the Vasculitis Foundation, an international non-profit organization.
- Gary Kreissman—Kreissman is an experienced marketing strategist and entrepreneur with a substantial track record in financial services, premium products, consumer promotion and media/Internet. Focused on rapid revenue generation, Kreissman co-founded, managed and sold a multimillion-dollar online lead generation business, Precision Prospects Inc., leading source for highly qualified investor leads. He currently is co-founder and president of KeyVersion Inc., which optimizes marketers’ lead conversion, and Group PRM, a customer acquisition consultancy.
- Dan Garms—Garms is managing director/business development of Wabash Capital Group and performs similar services for its affiliated independent entities relating to health care, energy, digital and patent opportunities. As managing director of The Garms Group, he has more than 30 years of high-level executive search experience, primarily for growth-stage and emerging technology companies. In conjunction with these assignments, Garms frequently assumes advisory roles and serves as a company board member.
- Tim Moegen—An executive with more than 15 years’ experience in the Big 4 business and financial consulting sector, Moegen also has held positions in global and boutique consulting firms, including PriceWaterhouseCoopers and Resources Global Professionals. He has supported clients through growth strategy, market intelligence, financial turnarounds, mergers and acquisitions, litigation support, and corporate governance initiatives. He also led the financial efforts of the successful initial public offering of WebsideStory, Inc. (now Adobe) and provided strategic financial and operational guidance from the company’s late startup phase.
- Mario Christopher—Christopher, executive vice president and chief financial officer of Showingtime, a real estate showing management provider, is a highly accomplished senior finance leader with broad-based operating experience working with early stage and rapidly growing companies. He started his career with KPMG, spending most of his time in the high tech practice. Since then, as a CFO, he has had significant experience working with technology and service-based businesses, two of which he helped launch from inception. Christopher has held executive positions at Tribeca Flashpoint College, UAC, EdGate and Arial Systems Corp.