Matter Communications recently conducted a survey of marketing professionals regarding the use of visual content as a tool in various marketing disciplines, including online and collateral production, social media, and public relations. The results overwhelmingly confirm the effectiveness of visual content as a key to engagement across all marketing materials.
"We're seeing in our clients' marketing and public relations programs that pictures, video and infographics are crucial to better engagement; and the results of this survey certainly underscore that point," said Scott Signore, CEO of Matter Communications, in a news release. "Brands of all flavors see higher engagement with their customers when they deploy visual content across their marketing disciplines — from social and public relations, to web site content and even static marketing materials like annual reports."
- 95 percent believe visual content is very important for online marketing
- 89 percent are already using or plan to use visual content in social media
- 87 percent believe visual content is critical for traditional marketing
- 80 percent plan to budget for production of visual content in 2013
- 96.7 percent believe that visual content engages best on social media
According to Facebook, for example, posts on that social platform including a photo album, picture or video generate about 180 percent, 120 percent and 100 more engagement, respectively.
"Because ongoing engagement is so important for client traction, our Studio-C offering was designed to provide high-impact visual content development, integrated with exceptional public relations programs, to meet the needs highlighted in these survey findings," Signore said.