The Greater Fort Worth Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (GFWPRSA) has named its officers and board of directors for 2016.
Liz Confiliano, has been named president of the chapter. Confiliano has more than 12 years’ experience in the public relations industry, and currently serves as community outreach coordinator at Moncrief Cancer Institute, in addition to serving as director of marketing and public relations for Innovador, LLC. She succeeds Michelle Clark, APR, assistant vice chancellor, communications, at Texas Christian University.
Claire Bloxom Armstrong was named vice president of membership/president-elect. Armstrong has 12 years’ experience in the public relations industry, and currently serves as the public relations and social media manager at PAVLOV Agency.
Lisa Albert was named vice president of programs. Albert has 15 years’ experience in the public relations industry, and currently serves as senior communications manager at Justin Brands, Inc.
Additional GFWPRSA officers elected for 2016 are as follows:
- Treasurer – Beth Lamb, chief marketing officer at Ronald McDonald House of Fort Worth
- Treasurer-elect – Brian Murnahan, president at Murnahan Public Relations
- Secretary – Jill Anderson, director of marketing at ACH Child & Family Services
- Past president – Michelle Clark, APR, assistant vice chancellor, communications, at Texas Christian University
- Directors – Julie O’Neil, associate professor at Texas Christian University; Kay Barkin, APR, social marketer at MHMR of Tarrant County; and Laura Van Hoosier, APR, director, Blue Zones Project at Texas Health Resources
- Assembly Delegates – Carol Murray, APR, marketing communications director at Blue Zones Project Fort Worth / Healthways; and Gigi Westerman, APR, Fellow PRSA, The S & G Group.