Independent strategy and marketing innovation agency Giant Spoon announced today that it has added five employees, all in new roles as a result of significant agency growth.
- Erin Hauswirth will serve as Associate Director, Strategy, working on the GE account in Giant Spoon’s New York office. Before joining the agency, Hauswirth was Director of Content and Marketing for iHeartMedia, where she was a founding member of the Soundboard team, helping build the company’s branded content and innovations offering. Prior, she was a Senior Manager at OMD’s Ignition Factory, and served as the Editor-in-Chief of Ignition’s pop culture quarterly, POP.
- Michael Tonge joins Giant Spoon as Strategist, also working out of the New York office on the GE account. Most recently, Tonge held a Senior Associate role at Dentsu Aegis, managing global media partnerships at Amplifi, USA. He is the Director and Co-Founder of The Culture LP, a collective dedicated to uniting creators through online and offline experiences.
- Will Thompson has been added as Senior Social Strategist. Working out of the Los Angeles office and across multiple accounts, Thompson will build out Giant Spoon’s social practice for clients, a newly created department at the agency. Prior to joining Giant Spoon, he founded Habitual Social, a boutique social agency, where he served as CEO and lead strategist. Earlier, Thompson managed social media and brand integrations for numerous artists including Pitbull, Chris Daughtry, Rob Zombie, and 3 Doors Down.
- Dominique Escalante has been named Strategic Account Manager, in the Los Angeles office. Escalante will work across multiple accounts and on new business, as the agency builds its account management department. Prior to joining, she was an Account Manager at Goodby Silverstein & Partners. Before GS&P, Escalante was a Global Account Executive at TBWA\Media Arts Lab, involved in multiple product launches including Apple’s “Shot on iPhone.”
- Elle Bass joins as Strategist, also in the Los Angeles office, where she will work across multiple accounts. Prior to joining the agency, Bass was a Strategist at Team One. Before Team One, Bass worked as a freelance strategist with brands such as Hilton Worldwide, Target, and Wal-Mart.
“The recent growth spurt at Giant Spoon has been an amazing opportunity to bring in a wave of extremely talented people on both coasts,” said Co-Founder Jon Haber. “Our vision remains consistent that everyone we hire is expected to break any existing boundaries from past roles and begin to see marketing through the eyes of consumers in new ways. No silos and no limits by job title. This new crop of Spoons are going to do great things with us, and we couldn’t be more excited to welcome them.”