Bulldog Reporter's PR University presents a new Meet the Editors webinar
Broadcast on Thursday, January 24, 2013
Top Mommy Bloggers Tell PR How to Reach Millions: The Hottest Editorial Hooks and Pitching Tips for 2013 (On Demand)
If you handle PR for consumer brands, how valuable would it be to hear from leading mommy bloggers about their hottest editorial interests, plus best ways to place stories and develop long-term relationships with them and their fellow online influencers?
Katie Granju, blogger, "MamaPundit"
Meagan Francis, author, blogger, creator, "The Happiest Mom"
Shannon Carroll, blogger, "Whiskey in My Sippy Cup"
Lenore Skenazy, blogger," Free-Range Kids"
Mir Kamin, blogger, "Woulda Coulda Shoulda"
Reasons to Attend This Event:
Mommy bloggers have emerged as one of the Web's most interesting—and influential—new media players. Whether they're blogging with a kid on each knee—or if they are simply great writers whose perspective goes far beyond diapers and strollers, these journalists have become a must-know constituency for consumer marketers.
Which topics are mommy bloggers writing about today, and how can you hook your product, service or company into their coverage? How are mommy bloggers branching out into sponsorships, and how can you work successfully with them?
What are the latest "do's and don'ts" of pitching mommy bloggers? How can PR pros figure out which blogs are the best fit for the product or service they are pitching? And how can you build long-term relationships with these online influencers?
Join Bulldog Reporter's PR University and our exclusive panel of top mommy bloggers for the answers to these and other critical questions, plus learn about the latest trends, topics, issues and communications strategies that work to reach and influence this highly desirable market.
How has the "momosphere" changed in light of the economy and new consumer hot buttons? How are major brands interacting successfully with moms online—and what best practices should PR pros emulate?
To learn the inside scoop on these hot topics and much more, be sure to register for this exclusive PR University training session that you won't want to miss.
What You'll Learn:
• State of the "Momosphere 2013": Hear straight from leading mommy bloggers about the incredible growth, reach and influence of this sector—and why this top online demographic must be a part of every media relations program today
• Hot Topics and Trends in 2013: Family, safety, children, economic pressures—the concepts, trends, products, services and influencers that appeal most to the "mom market"—and how to incorporate them into their pitches and programs
• What Motivates Mommy Bloggers: Key insights into the mindset fueling the momosphere—and how to use that knowledge to protect and promote their brand or product
• Targeting Essentials: How our mommy bloggers view their editorial missions, the stories they blog about and how to make sure your ideas match their pitch preferences
• How can you reach them directly, do they do "deskside" meetings, how do they want to work with PR pros?
• Multimedia to Pitch Now: Online video, multimedia, podcasts—the new media assets that mommy bloggers say sweeten the pitch and boost your chances of getting posted
• New rules for crafting irresistible mommy blog pitches—the story elements and exclusive pegs that resonate with these bloggers and how to use them to generate wide coverage
• How the best PR pros have gained the ear—and trust—of key mommy bloggers and how you, too, can build long-term relationships with top online journalists covering the mommy market
• The inside scoop on sponsorships and freebies—which ones are welcomed by mommy bloggers and which are rookie mistakes to avoid
About the Trainers:
Meagan Francis is an author, blogger and mom of five who lives in Michigan. She is the creator of "The Happiest Mom," named one of Babble.com's top 100 mom blogs of 2011 and 2012, and "The Kitchen Hour," which combines podcasts, video and posts to encourage parents to have more fun in the kitchen. In addition, she is the author of the 2010 Parenting magazine title"The Happiest Mom: 10 Secrets To Enjoying Motherhood." As a spokesperson and content creator, she has worked with major brands like Huggies and Pepperidge Farm, as well as smaller brands.
Lenore Skenazy is "America's Worst Mom." (Google it!) The New York City newspaper columnist- turned-reality show host got that title after letting her 9-year-old son take the subway alone. In response to the media blowback, she founded the book and blog, "Free-Range Kids" (freerangekids.com), launching the anti-helicopter parenting movement. Her feisty belief that our kids are safer and smarter than our culture gives them credit for has landed her on talk shows from Dr. Phil to The View. She lectures internationally and has written for everyone from The Wall Street Journal to Mad Magazine.
Mir Kamin began blogging over eight years ago and has been making her living writing online ever since. Both her personal blog "Woulda Coulda Shoulda" (wouldashoulda.com) and her bargain shopping blog "Want Not" (wantnot.net) have been recognized for excellence in writing and savvy, appearing in everything from Babble's Top Mommy Bloggers list (three years running) to REDBOOK and Macworld. Mir's career includesworking closely with PR professionals in a variety of capacities whileboth freelancing for clients and building her own business.
About the Training Director:
Brian Pittman is the training director for Bulldog Reporter's PR University. He also serves as vice president and associate publisher overseeing content for Bulldog Reporter. Previously, he was the content director of marcom trade site CommPRO and before that served as editorial director at Infocom Group, where he edited, reported for and launched titles such as Media Relations Insider, PR Agency Insider, Ad Agency Insider and Managing Partner. He also worked as editor of Utah Business magazine for a number of years, among other titles. He is a seasoned event moderator and reporter with extensive experience interviewing such personalities as Steve Forbes, Bob Edwards and Margaret Thatcher.
Your On Demand Webinar Registration Entitles You To:
• Access to a streaming video of the original webinar presentation, which you can play at any time.
• On Demand is usually available by 5:00 PM PT on the day of the event. A link to the material will be sent to you as soon as it is available.