Bulldog Reporter's PR University Presents a New Master Class Webinar
Oakland, CA— PR professionals looking to understand how investigative journalists really operate, how to anticipate their traps and tactics, and how to handle hostile media interviews and day-to-day media queries with total confidence should attend this new 90-minute webinar from PR University.
In the webinar How PR Can Manage Gotcha Journalists with Confidence: Inside Secrets of the Masters, a team of media relations masters will also teach PR pros how to repel unwanted media attacks and instead score coverage for the messages they really want to disseminate.
This exclusive PR University webinar takes place on Thursday, December 6, at 1PM EST (noon CST; 11AM MST; 10AM PST).
MacKay Jimeson, Director of Media Relations, Pfizer
Jeff Crilley,President, Real News PR (former Fox News reporter)
Jeffrey Hiday,Director, Office of Media Relations, RAND Corporation
What PR pros will learn:
• Rules of engagement: How to know their rights when it comes to media interviews—plus tips for managing "off the record," "on background" and other types of interviews or media conversations
• Due Diligence: Smart ways to vet reporters—and their questions—in advance so PR pros know what they’re getting into
• Think like an investigative journalist: The latest tricks, techniques and tactics of gotcha journalists—and how to prepare for them
• Self Defense: What information PR pros should be prepared to provide—and what they can safely say "no comment" to?
• What to expect: The many ways a reporter will ask a probing question, and how PR pros can stand their ground
• Media Training Tips: How to prepare top spokespeople to face the press so that they come across as honest and credible
• Secrets of message mapping and bridging—so PR pros can always bring their answers back to the key message they want to disseminate
• How investigative journalists use the Web to mine for information—and how to find out what's out there about a client or company
• What PR pros must do in the first 24 hours of a "gotcha" situation to establish their credibility—and the common credibility-killing mistakes
• What to do after the story runs—the best advice for surviving the aftermath of a potentially damaging story
• Web 2.0 Rules: How to use Facebook, Twitter, blogs and other instant communications as secret weapons in turning back a "gotcha" journalist attack
Bulldog Reporter’s PR University produces over 60 high-level professional development conferences per yearwith extraordinary speakers on media relations skills, PR measurement, crisis communications, advanced PR technology, social media, and the nation's most influential media—a complete professional development program to meet all your training and updating needs.
Attendance at this Bulldog Reporter PR University webinar costs just $299 per login. Participants in this 90-minute webinar will be able to pose specific questions for the presenter at several junctures during the discussion.
Attendees of PR University conferences receive one credit toward PRSA accreditation maintenance. Registration also includes an up-to-the-minute conference manual. For more information on taking part in the event, go to the conference home page or for personalized service and special offers please contact one of our sales consultants toll free at: 1-800-959-1059.