January 28, 2013
Synqera Unveils Simplate, An In-Store Retail Payment and Marketing Solution Providing Customer Intelligence for On-the-Spot Marketing --- Enabling Retailers and Brands to Tap Into Billions of Dollars of Incremental Sales
Synqera (http://synqera.com/), a global technology start-up, recently launched Simplate, its in-store point-of-sale (POS) terminal that utilizes customer preferences, behavior, demographics and purchasing information in real-time to maximize each unique customer's value, to the U.S. market. Simplate is one of the first interactive POS terminals using big data to provide personalized media communications.
Simplate was created to convert the minimal 40-seconds of customer idle time at the point of payment into additional purchases, store visits and customer loyalty by intelligently engaging them with hyper-personalized loyalty deals, interactive games and incentives. The self-managed Simplate can be integrated with back-end and front-end infrastructures, such as CRM, ERP and POS systems, allowing it to provide offers based on the customer profiles and purchases, as well as store inventory, promotional offer or loyalty program offers, to name a few. It can also be utilized as a standalone device.
"Studies show that $4 billion is spent on impulse buys in-store, which provides a huge opportunity for U.S. retailers, brands and marketers," said Kirill Gorynya, Synqera CEO and founder, in a company release. "Simplate disrupts this market by enabling retailers to tap into this critical impulse moment where purchases are of a higher value can be encouraged, compared to the low-priced products strategically placed around the cash register."
Simplate's Scenario Generation Engine visualizes rich media on the POS interactive customer display for each consumer's unique order, shopping tendencies and response rate. Key features include:
- Rich Media Display: intuitive and interactive multimedia engine creates an end user customized experience tailored to the individual buying process on an eight-inch touchscreen customer display.
- Back-End Data Analysis: customer and regional-specific preferences and insights -- gender, age, weather conditions, local events and purchase preferences, to name a few -- are triggered for each consumer and used to create a scenario, which prompts the system to display appropriate messages on the interactive screen for the customer to engage.
- Real-Time Intelligence: captures physical information, such as a smile captured via face recognition or a touch of the screen, enabling the software platform to analyze the content received to determine end user response automatically. This in turn provides feedback for enriching and optimizing existing content.
- Interactive Tools: Near Field Communication (NFC) module, magstripe-reader, touchscreen, camera and microphone makes the system easy-to-use and allows for business-driven messages to be highlighted as appropriate to the customer.
- Bringing Online Offline: provides online businesses with the opportunity to connect with consumers offline through virtual services and receive data in real-time buying experiences.
- Gamification: a short game or survey enables brands to promote deals to the customer in order to upsell, cross-sell or advertise relevant products and services, as well as reward them for loyalty.
"With Simplate, we have finally married the traditional values of putting the customer first, with innovative new technologies.Our technology is the first of its kind, offering a customizable purchasing experience which was previously only available through mobile and online systems. Retailers can now offer relevant incentives at the checkout displays that will support their efforts to upsell and cross-sell products, while building customer loyalty and promote services," said Gorynya. "This has the potential to bring endless channels for additional revenue while providing the customers with an easy to use and fun buying experience."