July 12, 2012
Matter Communications Rounds Out Social Media Services with Measurement Offering
Matter Communications (www.matternow.com) announced its measurement service, Impact Matters, created to effectively analyze and assess social media success. Culled from broad experience in managing and measuring B2B and consumer social media programs, Impact Matters provides the right tools, metrics and analysis to help companies measure their progress and rate the business impact of social media channels.
"Many clients and prospects come to Matter knowing they want a social media presence but unclear of how to define success for their brand," said Scott Signore, CEO, Matter Communications. "While our teams already work with our clients to establish an effective, engaging strategy for each social media channel, Impact Matters rounds out our social media services by helping clients deliver clear, quantifiable evidence of their brand's performance as it compares to industry and competitive benchmarks."
A recent Matter survey of marketers revealed more than half of organizations measure and report on their brand in social media only by evaluating engagement. Matter's measurement methodology takes into consideration every stage of a social media strategy combining both quantitative and qualitative measures, and is rooted in a blend of industry-leading reporting tools like Hootsuite and Sysomos.
Impact Matters is customized for each client but typically is based on these fundamental steps:
- Assess and audit:
- Benchmarking success across industry standards and competitors
- Selecting social media channels and refining approach
- Goal set:
- Defining a voice and brand personality
- Pinpointing which audience and stakeholders to reach
- Define metrics:
- Targeting overall engagement: impressions, reach, likes, RTs, views, posts, comments, shares, discussions, etc.
- Setting campaign- and contest-specific metrics
- Analyzing sentiment shifts over time both within a brand's own social channels and broadly across all social media
- Manage and monitor channels:
- Selecting industry-leading platforms to host, manage and report on social media brand awareness
- Delivering ongoing reporting to assess performance in each channel
More information on Impact Matters can be found on the Matter website here.