Is Your Content Working for You?
April 15, 2013
I recently attended TAG Marketing’s March event on The Heart of the Matter: How Content Drives Your Mobile, SEO, and Lead Gen Strategy. Panelists from Google, Forrester, Prominent Placement and SunTrust delivered insights into the challenges and opportunities marketers today face. A few observations that resonated with me were:
- Marketers today are battling indifference. Give your audience a reason to care about what you’re doing. Content should be:
b) informative or
c) provide utility.
- How can marketers enrich the lives of their audience and make them better?
- It’s not about you, the marketer, or your product. It’s about your audience and their circumstances. Determine where your buyers are in the cycle and direct specific content aimed at that level of the buy cycle.
- Marketers need to understand their audience and what motivates them. Leading with that level of insight yields greater results.
- Review Google Analytics to determine which keywords are driving the most conversions. Knowledge is power!
- Don’t insult your audience by not thinking mobile first. If your website is not optimized for mobile viewing, you are very likely annoying your audience.
- Think like a consumer. Keep your outreach short and simple, clean and informative – think of how you would like to receive information.
- In today’s mobile environment, consumers are always addressable, wherever they are. Determine peak information consumption times for your audience and time your outreach accordingly.
Leveraging these insights, marketers are better positioned to maximize audience interactions and cultivate long lasting relationships. With growing competition for your audience’s attention, what strategies are you using to remain relevant?